Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Back to Edit

It feels good to be writing something. I have already confessed that my work back in September was my first complete work. Less than 30,000 words at this point, it is only a Novella. It was the work that propelled me on this path to be a real writer, perhaps a published author. Since then i have joined author circles on social media. I have absorbed info through author blogs and other free web advice. I have read lots of first chapters free on Amazon. I participated in NaNoWriMo and wrote my first full length Novel.

Exhausted from November, I wanted to take some time off, maybe do some reading and studying of the craft. I lasted 5 days and was desperate to write again. I jotted down a couple of pages of an idea that I had been thinking about for months. I only had a basic concept, though, and I wanted to outline some thoughts before I went on. I started researching some inspiration, but went cold on the project.

I kept up with my social media interaction with other authors and did some reading, but my itch to write has started to overpower me again. I've decided to finally return to the work from September and edit. I had entered a writing contest with the first five pages and got some blunt criticism from the judges that showed my novice at writing. It was extremely helpful though and was well worth the entry fee.

One judge was positive about the story and kept my hopes up that the project was not trash. Now, a month after the contest results, my wounds have healed enough that I am willing to return to the project. My next dream is to put the work into the hands of Beta readers. Maybe one day I will seek an agent and approach publishers. Dreaming of that day...


No comments:

Post a Comment